What Is the New Administrative Capital of Egypt?
It is a smart administrative capital for urban development that introduces a modern concept of residence and is expected to accommodate 18 million people to 40 million people by 2050. Egypt is switching its capital city from Cairo to a brand-new constructed city “New Administrative Capital.”
Why Is Egypt Building a New Capital City?
Egypt is building the New Capital to create many opportunities for housing and employment, putting in mind that Egypt’s population will almost double in the next 40 years. The goal is also to eliminate the crowdedness that is one of the biggest problems now in Cairo because of the increasing population.
The city aims to address the various issues facing Egypt and provide a distinct quality of life. The government is seeking a way that adapts to the conditions of population growth and civilization. All levels of income and culture are welcomed in the smart city to keep up with the world’s developing pace.
Where Is the New Capital City of Egypt?
The New Administrative Capital is located on the border of Badr city between Cairo/Suez and Cairo/Al Ain Sokhna roads, just after New Cairo, Future City, and Madinaty.
What Is the Master Plan of the New Capital City?
- The New Capital is built on an area of 700 square kilometers (equivalent to the size of the city of Singapore).
- There is more than one phase in the New Capital:
- The first phase’s area is 40,000 acres that will accommodate around 6,500,000 people and may reach 7 million.
- The second phase’s area is 47,000 acres
- The third phase’s area is 97,000 acres.
The New Capital Consists of:
- North Mohammed Bin Zaid settlement
- Residential districts in New Capital R5, R7, and R8.
- Government administrative district
- Business district
- Cultural district.
Who Is Responsible for Managing the New Capital City Mega Project?
- A joint venture company is managing the project of establishing the New Capital with an estimated capital of 6 billion EGP.
- The company contains the following key departments:
- National Service Project Authority
- Urban Communities Authority
- The Armed Forces Project Authority.
- The Board of Directors of the company consists of 13 members divided as follows:
- 3 members from the representatives of the Urban Communities Authority,
- 5 representatives from the Armed Forces
- 5 real estate experts.